HomeSportsArkansas removes quarterback Kade Renfro from roster after sexual assault allegations surface

Arkansas removes quarterback Kade Renfro from roster after sexual assault allegations surface

Published on

spot_img


The Arkansas Razorbacks football team will have one less player vying for the backup job to starting quarterback K.J. Jefferson this summer.

Redshirt junior transfer Kade Renfro was removed from the team on Thursday following accusations of sexual assault and harassment that were posted on social media earlier this week.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

Arkansas Razorbacks quarterback Kade Renfro, #18, before the college football game between the Missouri State Bears and Arkansas Razorbacks on Sept. 17, 2022, at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville, Arkansas. (Andy Altenburger/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

“Upon gaining knowledge of the allegations against a student-athlete earlier this week, we immediately informed the University’s Title IX office of the allegations,” the university’s athletic department said in a statement. “The student-athlete is no longer a member of the football team.”

The school added that it has “notified the relevant offices on our campus” about the accusations made against Renfro.

ISAAC WILSON, BROTHER OF EX-BYU QB ZACH WILSON, COMMITS TO RIVAL UTAH

Arkansas plays Missouri State

Arkansas Razorbacks quarterback Kade Renfro, #18, before the college football game between the Missouri State Bears and Arkansas Razorbacks on Sept. 17, 2022, at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium in Fayetteville, Arkansas. (Andy Altenburger/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images)

An anonymous Instagram account levied the allegations against Renfro, including an alleged lengthy history of sexual assault and harassment over years, according to CBS Sports. The account has since-been deleted. Renfro has since deleted his social media activity in the wake of the accusations.

The photos only showed a woman with multiple bruises on her neck as well as alleged instances of assault and harassment. The initial account where the allegations surfaced was named “Kade Renfro is a rapist!”

He has not been charged with a cirme.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Renfro was a standout high school football player in Stephenville, Texas, and committed to Ole Miss in 2020. He transferred to Arkansas in 2021 and injured his knee. He reinjured his knee last year and did not play.



Source link

Latest articles

Michigan’s Edwards says he played injured in ’22

Tom VanHaaren, ESPN Staff WriterJun 10, 2023, 06:29 PM ETCloseESPN staff writerJoined ESPN...

Inzaghi: Inter showed world we can match City

Jun 10, 2023, 07:09 PM ETInter Milan manager Simone Inzaghi expressed his pride...

Arcangelo wins 155th Belmont Stakes

Arcangelo won the 155th running of the Belmont Stakes on Saturday at Belmont...

Transfer Talk: Man City’s Gundogan gets Saudi offer amid Barcelona, PSG links

Jun 10, 2023, 12:51 PM ETThe summer transfer window isn't open yet in...

More like this

Michigan’s Edwards says he played injured in ’22

Tom VanHaaren, ESPN Staff WriterJun 10, 2023, 06:29 PM ETCloseESPN staff writerJoined ESPN...

Inzaghi: Inter showed world we can match City

Jun 10, 2023, 07:09 PM ETInter Milan manager Simone Inzaghi expressed his pride...

Arcangelo wins 155th Belmont Stakes

Arcangelo won the 155th running of the Belmont Stakes on Saturday at Belmont...