* NEWtrepreneur Bookkeeping from 12-1 p.m. Monday, Jan. 11. This information-packed class covers 10 of the most common bookkeeping mistakes and practical, efficient solutions to overcome them. Topics include: how to classify workers, receipt requirements, meal expenses, personal car expenses and more. Hosted by the Tennessee Small Business Development Center (TSBDC) and HR Business Solutions. Register at https://clients.tsbdc.org/workshop.aspx?ekey=30410001. No cost.
* Ask a QuickBooks ProAdvisor from 2-3 p.m. Monday, Jan. 11. QuickBooks is a great choice for startups and small businesses who need to improve their bookkeeping tools. We will begin with a presentation of the recent updates for QBO, then there will be a Q&A discussion with QuickBooks experts. Hosted by TSBDC and HR Business Solutions. Register at https://clients.tsbdc.org/workshop.aspx?ekey=30400088. No cost.
* 2021 Economic Outlook Virtual Event from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 12. via Zoom. The Economic Outlook Event is sponsored by Bank of America. David Altig, executive vice president and director of research for the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, will discuss how to think about key economic indicators and trends in light of Covid-19 impacts. Watch the event at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dodfDC-F08. No cost.
* Government Contracting 101 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 13. Contracting with the federal government can open the door to many opportunities and can aid the growth of your business tremendously. This comprehensive workshop outlines everything you need to know about government contracting and how to be successful in today’s procurement marketplace. Hosted by TSBDC and UT PTAC. Register at https://clients.tsbdc.org/workshop.aspx?ekey=30410037. No cost.
* Pick the Brain of an Attorney from 11 a.m. to noon Wednesday, Jan. 13. In this one-hour Q&A session, you can ask any and all of your business-related legal questions. Hosted by TSBDC and Grant, Konvalinka, and Harrison, P.C. Register at https://clients.tsbdc.org/workshop.aspx?ekey=30410002. No cost.
* MidTown Council Meeting from 12-1 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 13. Join us as we hear from the president and CEO of the Chattanooga Airport, Terry Hart. Register at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZ0rce6uqz4oGdDOxuqbYj75Ds9JQNLjnjiP. No cost.
* Personal Finances for Small Business Owners from 12-1 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 14. Whether you’re still in the brainstorming phase or a well-seasoned entrepreneur – your financial wellness as a business owner plays a large role in the success of your small business. In this presentation, learn about the five financial challenges of an entrepreneur and how to optimize your personal finances so you can open more doors and give your company the ultimate chance for success. Hosted by TSBDC and R&D Financial Coaching. Register at https://clients.tsbdc.org/workshop.aspx?ekey=30410029. No cost.
* Ooltewah Collegedale Council Coffee from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Friday, Jan. 15. Come join us for our monthly networking event to make some of the best business connections around. Register at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMvduuhqDgrHtKOnCu_AJOwUTGeJ2mio48K. No cost.