The summer transfer window may not be open yet in Europe, but teams are getting ready for it, and there’s plenty of gossip swirling around. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings, goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: City’s Gundogan nears Barcelona deal
Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan is edging closer to reaching an agreement with Barcelona, according to Sport.
The 32-year-old, who registered two goals and an assist in City’s 3-0 win over Everton in the Premier League on Sunday, is reported to be willing to accept a lower salary in exchange for a longer contract. Barcelona manager Xavi Hernandez has identified him as a key reinforcement in the search for a new midfielder this summer.
That could see the Germany international sign a three-year contract at the Camp Nou, with the Blaugrana‘s hierarchy willing to meet his latest demands.
However, the Mirror understands that City manager Pep Guardiola is “desperate” to keep hold of Gundogan, but with just over a month remaining on his contract at the Etihad Stadium.
Barcelona secured their 27th LaLiga title after their 4-2 win against Espanyol on Sunday evening.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (U.S.)
– Paris Saint-Germain are set to make an enquiry over Napoli winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, writes Ekrem Konur. PSG view the 22-year-old as a potential replacement for either Neymar or Lionel Messi, who have seen doubt cast over future at the Parc des Princes. It is reported that clubs in both the Premier League and LaLiga have also shown interest in Kvaratskhelia.
– Benfica wingback Alejandro Grimaldo is set to join Bayer Leverkusen on a free transfer, understands Fabrizio Romano. Grimaldo has been linked with a number of clubs across Europe of late, with many looking to take advantage of his contract situation. The latest reveals that the 27-year-old has agreed terms to join manager Xabi Alonso’s side. It is also said that rumours suggesting that he was linked to Barcelona were untrue.
– Internazionale are considering offloading Joaquin Correa, says Calciomercato. The 28-year-old arrived at the San Siro from Lazio for a fee of €33 million, but with just three goals in 25 Serie A matches, it looks as though his time with the Nerazzurri could be coming to an end. It is reported that his salary of €6.5m per season means that only top clubs would be able to meet his demands.
– Two Premier League sides are competing to sign Lyon striker Moussa Dembele, according to Football Insider. Aston Villa were previously reported to be leading the race for his signature, but the latest indicates that Crystal Palace will now challenge them for the 26-year-old this summer. Dembele is set to become a free agent in June, with no signs of talks over a potential new deal in France.
– Atletico Madrid are closing in on the signing of Racing Club Montevideo defender Santiago Mourino, reveals Relevo. The 21-year-old Uruguayan is expected to arrive in the Spanish capital soon to complete his move to Los Colchoneros, though they are currently considering sending him out on loan to pick up more experience before incorporating him fully into the first team.