Published 9:50 PM EDT May 17, 2019
If you’re not an early shopper, you might have a tough time finding items in Target’s latest designer collaboration.
The summer-inspired Vineyard Vines for Target collection arrives Saturday in stores and online. Fans of the designer brand best known for its smiling pink whale are expected to scoop up merchandise quickly.
There are more than 300 items in the collection, including clothes for women, men and children as well as accessories and pet and home goods. Prices ranging from $2 to $120, with most under $35.
Target has done similar limited-edition collaborations with well-known companies and designers, including TOMS, Lilly Pulitzer, Hunter, Marimekko and Victoria Beckham.
Super saving: How to use Target Cartwheel to save time and money
Find your joy: Target sells a Hershey’s toolbox to organize your s’mores ingredients Marie Kondo style
The Lilly Pulitzer for Target line was released and sold out within minutes in April 2015 and led to fights in stores. Many items landed on eBay.
Some collections have been available longer, and the Vineyard Vines will be available through July 13 or while supplies last, Target said.
Brothers Shep and Ian Murray founded Vineyard Vines in 1998 and took inspirations from summers they spent on Martha’s Vineyard in Massachusetts. The company has more than 100 freestanding stores, and its merchandise is also sold in over 600 specialty and department stores.
How to shop the collection
- An exact time of when the collection goes on sale online has not been announced, but Target has said it will be “in the early morning hours.”
- Target stores will open at the regular time Saturday and all will carry the collection. Selection will vary by store, and expect crowds early Saturday morning.
- Favorite items in the collection online by clicking on the heart. Then go to your “hearted items” located in the “my account” section of the website to add to your cart when the sale starts.
- There are no purchase limits for shopping in store, but on Target.com there’s a limit of five of the same item.
- Be aware of the return policy. According to the Frequently Asked Questions on Target.com, the collection has a 14-day return policy instead of Target’s standard 90-day return policy.
- REDcard holders get an additional 30 days on top of the collection’s 14-day return policy. Also save 5% on the prices by using the store card.
- If an item you want sells out quickly in-stores and online, all hope isn’t lost. Check returns.
Free food for Fido and Fluffy: Petco holding trade-in events May 18-19 with a free upgrade to artificial-free pet food
May deals: Where to get free food and other discounts this month
Contributing: Zlati Meyer
Follow Kelly Tyko on Twitter: @KellyTyko